Kingdom of Cambodia
National Religion King
Ministry of Industry, Mines and Energy
N0. 857 orRTH.BL.BrK
The Organization and Functioning of Department of Development and Cooperation Metrology.
Minister of Ministry of Industry, Mine and Energy
- Having seen the Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia – Having seen the Royal Decree No. NS/RKT/0908/1055 dated 25 September 2008 on the Appointment of the Royal Government of the kingdom of Cambodia
- Having seen the Royal Kram No. NS/RKM/0196/05 dated 24 January 1996 promulgating the Law on the Establishment of the Ministry of Industry, Mines and Energy
- Having seen the Royal Kram No. NS/RKM/0809/016 dated 11 August 2009 promulgating the Law on Metrology of Cambodia;
- Having seen the Sub-decree No. 35 OrNKr.BK dated 26 April 1999 on the organization and functioning of the National Metrology Center
- Considered the Ministry’s necessity request;
It is hereby decided
Article 1: The Department of Development and Cooperation Metrology is directly managed and led by the National Metrology Center (NMC).
Roles and Duties:
- To organize and implement strategic policies and development plans of metrology – To conduct study, research and develop scientific technology of metrology
- To compile and create technology standard which defines the guideline as regulation, or technical norm that relevant to metrology
- To manage the statistics data of technology development
- To implement an cooperation with national and international institutions in order to harmonize the metrology process.
- To coordinate and develop project planning, and follow up the cooperation with the national, regional and international institutions for process of metrology
- To build up human resources, technology development and information system of metrology – To establish Training Center for management Metrology skill
- To prepare certificate of metrological skill for NMC. And the NMC certify to physical person and successful trainees.
- To implement the law on Metrology and other provisions of national, regional and international levels
- To check and promote all activities of economic entities( Company factory enterprise handicraft) which are obliged to accurately apply the rules and other provisions of metrological process
- To corporate and promote, information delivery, and guideline on scientific technology for business in manufacturing, repairing, and use of metrological instruments in order to ensure and accuracy in according to the Law on Metrology of Cambodia
- To corporate and promote the technical science development of metrology at NMC’s branches of capital-provincial Department of Industry, Mines and Energy
- To prepare procedure for applying License for using Metrology Trademark of Cambodia to every economic entities (company, factory, enterprise, handicraft) to submit to NMC
- To research, organize and coordinate agreements for mutual recognition of metrological process with national and international institutions
- To corporate, organize and implement regularization for exportation, use of all metrological instruments, goods produced and goods packaged which are relevant to metrology according to department’s duties
- To promote, create information technology system for management of department
- To study, research, and develop policies for encouraging customers to use the national system of legal units of metrology of Kingdom of Cambodia
- Report on activities
- To undertake the implementation of other tasks delegated by the president of NMC.
Article 2: The Department of Development and Cooperation Metrology is led by a director assisted by a number of vice director as necessary.
Article 3: The Department of Development and Cooperation Metrology is structured as follows:
- Information and Management office
- Industrial Metrology Affairs and International Cooperation office
- Statistic and Planning Office
- Metrological Technology Office
Each office is led by a chief assisted by a number of vice chiefs as necessary.
The organization chart of the Department of Development and Cooperation Metrology is annexed to this Prakas.